SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
newyorkrita

New Pictures of The Backyard Daylily Garden Planted Last Year

newyorkrita
15 years ago

Well, last year I put in that big raised daylily bed in the backyard that I call the Plateau. It is almost all evergreen and semi evergreen daylilies and most of them came from Maryotts in repeated orders over last summer until I got it full.

I also did some work in back of the garage last year and put in the little fountain garden last year. All these gardens were pictured, along with pics as they were planted, in my post BackYard Daylily Garden, Work in Progress.

Boy what a difference less than a year makes. Those gardens look really good now.

Pictures of the plateau and surrounding areas from different angles--

Looking toward the back of the garage and the little fountain garden put in last year. It really looks good with the daylilies leafed out and grass planted in the path. Last year the daylilies were not that leafed out and I could not get any grass to grow in the path because of all the foot traffic there due to all the working.

Going towards the back of the property and towards the little pond in the woods.

Here is the little backyard pond I put in last Fall that was also pictured in that prior thread about the garden.

Taken from back by the little pond looking back at the yard and the daylily plateau.

To the right are my row of blueberry bushes. To the left you can see some of my veggie garden and my tomato plants. You can also see the row of the pavers talked about in another thread here. I put them completely around the veggie garden section earlier this spring. The veggie garden section is like a giant rectangular island in the middle part of the upstairs part of my yard.

The Plateau is different done differently from the daylily gardens I did this spring. Other gardens done this spring are a combination of daylilies and other flowering things. The plateau is just daylilies. The only other thing in there are some tulips and daffodils towards the back. Those I put in for spring color and they will be long gone by the time daylily bloom season comes around here in July. I wanted the look of nothing but mass daylilies in bloom for this raised area in the back of my backyard.

Comments (10)