SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
firefightergardener

New conifer pics and backyard progress(bandwidth warning!)

First a couple images on my backyard. Still a long ways to go, but the paths are settling in pretty well. They are about 3' to 3.5' wide on average. My double-wheeled wheel barrow rolls right on through easy enough.

{{gwi:638956}}

{{gwi:638957}}

Next, a bunch of images of new conifers, most from Coenosiums from my last visit, but a few are from other online retailers. Parenthesis is where each specimen was purchased from, and all are from this year. Some of the Coenosium stock is 5+ years old or more. A few of these may have been posted before - sorry!

Picea abies 'Hasin' (Coenosium Gardens)

{{gwi:638958}}

Abies nordmanniana 'Golden Spreader' (Coenosium Gardens) - There were a *bunch* of these this size, great plant.

{{gwi:638959}}

Abies concolor 'Archers' Dwarf' (Coenosium Gardens)

{{gwi:638960}}

Abies koreana 'Silberkugel' (Coenosium Gardens)

{{gwi:638961}}

Picea orientalis 'Iseli Seedling' (Coenosium Gardens)

{{gwi:638962}}

{{gwi:638963}}

Picea orientalis 'Nutans' (Coenosium Gardens) - I think this one is weeping a little stronger then the cultivar normally does.

{{gwi:638964}}

Picea abies 'Dumpy' (Coenosium Gardens)

{{gwi:638965}}

Pinus contorta 'Chief Joseph' (Coenosium Gardens) Instant gratification, for conifer addicts, this is your heroin.

{{gwi:638966}}

Pinus mugo 'Jacobsen' (Coenosium Gardens) - A mugo with 'character' seems to grow slightly irregularly, an attractive look.

{{gwi:638967}}

Abies procera 'Blaue Hexe' - In my top 5 list still, just brilliant saphire blue color.

{{gwi:638968}}

Abies alba 'Schwarzwald' (Coenosium Gardens)

{{gwi:638970}}

Pinus sylvestris 'Calle' (Coenosium Gardens) - Large specimens, the trunk looks like a bonsai already.

{{gwi:638971}}

Abies lasiocarpa 'Lopalpun' (Coenosium Gardens) - A *tiny* miniature.

{{gwi:638972}}

Picea orientalis 'Mt. Vernon' (Coenosium Gardens)

{{gwi:638973}}

Pinus sylvelstris 'Jeremy' (Coenosium Gardens) -90% certain this is the correct listing.

{{gwi:638974}}

Cedrus libani 'Sargentii' (Forest Farm) - A weeping cedar of lebanon - supposedly dislikes being staked, we'll see!

{{gwi:638975}}

Pseudotsuga menziessi 'Glauca Pendula' (Forest Farm) - An upright irregular weeper according to what literature I could find.

{{gwi:638976}}

Pinus sylvestris 'Little Ann' (Coenosium Gardens) - Another huge specimen, and there were many this size when I bought it.

{{gwi:638977}}

Pinus parviflora 'Pent. Azuma' (Cedric Murray - Bonsaibob of ebay) - Great little blue pine.

{{gwi:638978}}

Lastly, a note on the lables. I searched around and gave this company a try. I am quite pleased with them so I am 'passing the word' so to speak.

They are from www.kincaidgardens.com, by the looks of it, it's a mom and pop shop, which is always a good thing. They are stainless steel, have a nice large display plate(3.5" x 1.125"), are very sturdy and 'angle' the lable for easy viewing. They are pretty easy to assemble and run between about .75 cents and 1.25, depending on size and how many you order. Not cheap for sure, but they look like the kind of marker that is there for a long long time, a great thing for any conifer buff. If you're searching for a lable source, give them a shot and see if you like them as well as I do.

Will

Comments (29)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus