SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jellybobelly

Ugly Area Suggestion

jellybobelly
15 years ago

Hello I'm new and I'm a plant killer. My yard currently is almost entirely dead or dying grass, sand and weeds. I'm hoping over the next few years to slowly progress to having a more pleasant yard - less grass, living plants, mulched areas. And of course I want the maintenance to be as low as possible so I would like mostly drought tolerant perennials that can take a little neglect.

So the area I'm currently wanting to work on is between the shed (which has sunk down a little) and the small deck.

The front part gets direct sun from 12 till 4 or so. The back part gets direct sun from around 12 till 2. I'm only working on the front area now as the back area is going to wait until the back fence is replaced and the white picket fence is installed between shed and back fence. At my current rate of speed that could be a while.

I was thinking red penta and diamond frost euphorbia for the front but I wasn't sure if that is enough sun. And I have no idea what to have in the back part.

Also I'm going to place a few more pavers in front of the shed and then outline the bed in edgers (you can see a bit of one in the bottom of the pic). Should I put something between them or have them butt up against each other?

Well that was probably too long and too many questions. But I'm hoping that I can be successful in this spot and then be inspired to keep going. Assuming the work or the heat doesn't kill me.

Comments (15)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting