SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hester_2009

still experimenting with digital camera - pics attached

hester_2009
12 years ago

I took a walk around last night while doing a little rain dance at the same time!

My garden is about 9 months old and most of the work involved taking out old, huge plants that were very sad as well as clearing out around the old driveway. So I don't have a lot to show right now, but I'm getting there!

One little moonflower - this is the front of my house which I've posted before. This is the second flush of bottlebrush flowers!

To the right of the last pic - this used to be the driveway, I built the deck and have started planting. the circle is my butterfly area - it was filled to the brim with red lava rock which I moved wheelbarrow at a time!

Another part of the disappearing driveway-very much a work in progress.

This is in the back of the house - an empty, sandy area when I moved - it's starting to come together.

I have a few orchids and this lasts long and has a wonderful fragrance.

Last, a huge passiflora that a friend sent me from her garden up north - I forget the name, but the blooms hang down and smell like ginger. It doesn't get enough sun here to bloom well, but I put it here because I love the foliage and it also blocks the neighbors house!

Well, thanks for looking -

Hester

Ps When I preview this, I still can't figure out why some of the photos are huge - I changed the setting on the camera, as well as on photobucket - must be doing something wrong Sorry to be so "in your face!"

Comments (21)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!