SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gcmastiffs

A Thursday to remember

gcmastiffs
16 years ago

What a nice afternoon I had, visiting with GW friends! An imformal meeting at Treefrogs, to chop Heliconias and pick up Siam Rubies, turned into a tasty dinner, fruit tastings, dirt shoveling, a wonderful garden tour, and a walk down the street to a city homesite filled with HUGE fruit trees! I felt transported into another world!!! So cool, so lovely, and such majestic trees!!! I'm used to my small, young trees, and too much open space. This yard was like a park.

I'm still stunned at the Black Sapote tree, and the grapefruit-sized fruits. We saw 25+ year old Lychees, soaring Mangos, a gigantic, lush Sapodilla with both round and oval shaped fruits. A Jaboticaba that despite being badly beaten by hurricanes, gave us ripe fruit today.

Poor Treefrog, he got the job of cutting down Sapote fruits that rained on him like cannonballs! We sampled Black Sapote cake (YUM!), and David showed us how to prepare the pulp. We ate Breadfruit nuts, a delicious dessert that Veronica made, scrumptious Hummus (David made) and ripe tomatoes so good that they vanished from the bowls immediately!

Kat brought perfect Papayas, dappled with sugar spots. Veronica's son Jerry, was a pleasure, and he brough his stuffed treefrog with him to honor our host. Thanks Veronica for the pepper plants and the Coconut oil!

Treefrog (David's) gardens are lovely. He has a gazzilion interesting edibles mixed with flowers/foliage plants in such an appealing way. I am sick with envy!!

His Siam Rubies are 5 times as large as mine.

I took photos, will post them tomorrow.

We gabbed so much we ran out of time to chop the Heliconias. Oh, well, a great excuse for another get-together(G).

Thank you Katkin for the Cannas and pep talk on pruning. Thanks D'Ann for the Bat plant and Orchid offers. Your company is always a treat. Man, we can talk, can't we?(G).

Lost track of time, hubby was so worried about me. He forgot that my night vision is now perfect(G). He called, but we were all outside, away from phones.

Oh, phooey, I forgot about the eggs. I brought them, they are in the refigerator. Enjoy them David!!!

Had a great time!

Lisa

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting