SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
linda1270

Severe Ice Storm Did Lots of Damage to Aborvitaes

LindaMA
15 years ago

I live in MA and a couple of weeks back we had a severe ice storm that crippled my cities surrounding me. We were without power for 8 days. Out of all the damage to our home and property, the fact that I may have to pull out all of my Aborvitaes is the worst as far as I'm concerned.

They were at least 12 feet tall and created a lush green border along the back fence of my yard. I will see if I can attache a couple of photos, before an after.

I'm trying to get some help from people who know more about Aborvitaes than I do. Some are still in tact but some appear to be broken near the roots and there's also a huge half of tree that broke and fell on them, so they're all over the place.

I'm hoping that I can find somebody to help me figure out what to do. If I have to add a few here and there it wouldn't be so bad, providing I can find some that are tall enough.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Here is a before photo of the Aborvitaes in my yard back in August:

Here they are after the ice storm two weeks ago:

{{gwi:810850}}

A little further down the line:

This truly breaks my heart more than any other damage. We will have that large tree removed, does anyone think that some of them could pop back up?

Thanks again for looking!

Linda

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Castle Wood Carpentry, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County