SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
okiedawn1

Winter Storm Watch/Ice Storm, Gloom and Doom

Okiedawn OK Zone 7
15 years ago

I know that everyone is aware that a winter storm is heading for Oklahoma and Monday-Wednesday look to be icy and/or rainy.

If you want to look at the maps for each day, showing any given areas's likelihood of having sleet, freezing rain, rain, etc., I've linked the NWS Enhanced Weather page below. You can click on any of the smaller maps at the right-hand side of the page and it will bring them up as the main page. And, if you go to the Oklahoma map at the bottom of the page, all you have to do is to click on any county and you get the forecast for that county.

I hope everyone is ready for this storm. We're about to make a run to the grocery story and the feed store to stock up in case we happen to be iced-in here in southern OK (which really is not likely as far south as we are). As dry as it has been, we all need the moisture although, obviously plain old rain is preferable to freezing rain, sleet, etc.

Today I am going to make a crockpot full of something yummy. I always cook a crockpot meal when ice is forecast. Then, if the power goes out, we have a prepared meal (and, with a large crockpot, actually several meals) that is easy to reheat outside on the bar-b-q grill's side burner.

I hope the rain hits us and the sleet misses us, but I expect at least some of us Okies are in for some ice.

Y'all stay safe and warm.

Dawn

Here is a link that might be useful: NWS Enhanced Weather Forecast Page

Comments (11)