SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ktmeyer_gw

xposted from SFG: help me plan this out please!

ktmeyer
13 years ago

Ok, so I know that my dreams are bigger than my space, LOL. Help me figure out what I can reasonably do, and how. I have 2 raised beds that are 4x4, one is 10 inches deep and one is 12 inches deep. They are filled with a potting type mix I get from a local nursery that is heavy on compost. I also have an area that is 2 1/2 feet by 8 feet that is just crappy florida soil (sand). That area is alongside/against the patio screen enclosure. Other than my aloe plant that needs to go in the ground I can't think of anything that will grow there. I also have an earth box, and am willing to buy some cheap pots, but don't have a lot of money left to put into this endeavor, and my hubby is getting tired of sweat equity, LOL.

So, I have growing as seedlings: Jetsetter Tomatoes, Sweet Million Tomatoes, Gator Girl Bell Peppers, jalepeno type peppers, basil, and some virginia sweet heirloom tomatoes that came for free, that probably won't grow well in the heat of florida I'm guessing. I also ordered:

Everglades Wild Tomatoes (these grow like crazy supposedly)

Spacemaster Cucumber

Cucumber national pickling

Collard Greens - Vates Short Stem

Bean - Romano

Garden Huckleberry

Lettuce - two varieties

Casaba Melon

Pea - Little Marvel

Watermellon - Yellow Doll

Squash Cocozelle

Cilantro

Oregano

Oh, and I just bought a mint plant.

Ok, so wow, after typing it out I think I must be crazy. How am I going to do this? Help!!!!!!!!

Katie

Comments (3)