SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ambersky_gw

Plans for 2011?

AmberSky
13 years ago

What are your garden plans for next year? I've spent part of this morning looking through old garden photos and being re-inspired.

First, I have a big hole in my back yard where I lost my acerola. I've been shopping for dwarf fruit trees to go in that spot, but I might go for another acerola, as the former one was one of the prettiest things in my yard. Or...maybe I want a citrus there?

Then, it's time to order some coleus for the spring. I usually get mine through Rosy Dawn. I've been absolutely thrilled with their plants.

Then, veggies on the flat roof over our Florida room! I miss my roof top garden and want to see if I can't get that going again, but better this time.

I want to remove a noid white plumeria that has seen better days and plant a pink Grove Farm Plumie in it's place, but I need to do it carefully so as not to damage the vine that was growing around the old plumeria.

But before I do all of that, I need to use this dormant time to grub out some tired beds, fight back the weeds, and give the peach trees their January hair cut. In fact, hair cuts for lots of things...my jungle is a bit too jungle-ie.

So, what does the New Year have in store for your garden?

Comments (19)