SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
arkseven

Have To Trade Veggie Seed; Need Veggie Seed For Community Garden

arkseven
13 years ago

We are planning our 2011 Community Garden where we plant multiple gardens and take fresh veggies to those less fortunate, and the elderly that is unable to plant a garden. We have taken fresh food (to include eggs) to shelters, community kitchens, elderly and others in need.

I have the following veggie seeds to trade:

Sugar Baby Watermelon, 5 trades (25+ per packet)

Kabocha Squash, 7 trades (25+ per packet)

Japanese Cucumber, 6 trades (25+ per packet)

Acorn Squash, 6 trades (25+ per packet)

Mini-Red Bellpepper, 10 trades (50+ per packet)

Cayenne Red Pepper, 10 trades ((25+ per packet)

Birdhouse Gourd 5 trades (100+ per packet)

Concorde Grape seed for special trade (2 trades of approx dozen seed per packet)

What we NEED:

Beans, (snap beans, butter beans, etc)

Peas, (crowders, field, sweet, etc)

Tomatoes, (Roma, Brandywine, really most anykind)

Greens, (Turnip, Collard, Mustard, Spinach)

Lettuce (any kind)

Carrots

Squash, (yellow, zucchini etc)

Cucumber (straight 8, pickeling etc)

Corn, sweet

Cabbage

most any other vegetables

We have started a nice 12' x 20' fenced herb garden as well and would welcome any contributions to help fill it.

Also any type of fruit, we would love to include fresh organic fruit baskets/bags when we take fresh veggie's to people.

I look forward to communicating/trading with my GardenWeb friends this gardening season.

Comments (21)

• roper2008
    13 years ago

Let me see what I have. I don't need anything in trade.
    Will get back to you.

Linda

• arkseven
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you Linda.

I hope that others will want to trade, we have four gardens to plant for a total of about 1 1/2 acres of garden space.

• mrs.b_in_wy
    13 years ago

Hello arkseven,

When you've a moment, please take a look at my list to see if anything on it might be useful in your gardens. What I have the most of is winter squash, tomatoes and peppers.

My own garden is pretty much overflowing, but I can't resist asking about your Kabocha. Is it commercial seed? Hand-pollinated or isolated in some way?

Thanks!

• Gerris2 (Joseph Delaware Zone 7a)
    13 years ago

I have seeds I can provide, all I need is your address.

Joseph

• margez
    13 years ago

I have some seed that is a couple of years old that I would be happy to send. No trade required.

I would like to try the Japanese cucumbers and would send some new seed for them.

• FarnerGreg
    13 years ago

Hi, I have some heirloom tomato seeds I will trade with you.

• gardenrose11
    13 years ago

I have different kinds of veggie seeds to trade.

• gardenrose11
    13 years ago

Hi, I have a large amount of these veggie seeds to trade- noble spinach seeds,buttercrunch lettuce mix,sweet yellow pepper seeds, yellow sweet onion seeds,greenbean mixed seeds and pea seeds and finally rhubarb seeds. i can send you a large bag of each of tese seeds. I would like to trade for your 5 packets of each of the three seeds sugarbaby watermelon, birdhouse gourd and acorn squash. let me know. thanks

• NancyPlants
    13 years ago

arkseven,
    I'm sending 20 Black Krim heirloom tomato, 50 Eggplant-Applegreen, 50 Butternut-Waltham? as well as commercial lettuce-Salad Bowl.
    I hope that helps your community garden.

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    13 years ago

Hi arkseven,

Did you know your Member Page email link has disappeared?

Please see addressing newbie and newer member issues for instructions on getting it set up.

If you are not able to get it set up, please see Login and Profile Issues for further things to try before reporting it at the link in the thread. I see several members must not have even read the original post asking them to not respond to the post, but to instead contact them.

I 'think' I still have your email addy and am now off to email you.

chemocurl...aka Sue

• arkseven
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks to everyone and emails are on the way. Still if anyone has excess veggie seed and want to trade or can send for SASBE or postage please let us know. All is appreciated, and all get's used. We are attempting to gain our own heirloom seed collection to save year to year. That is why we have four gardens, one a 1/2 mile away.

Sue, I noticed that when I attempted to update "my page". I attempted to update but ran out of time and patience. LOL

We are currently remodeling the kitchen and time is precious. I must get this done before the garden season starts or else my wife will have to live with a 1/2 finished kitchen through the summer *chuckle*.

God Bless,
    ~Arkseven

• ymaddox
    13 years ago

ark i have seeds and would love to trade you for the ones mentioned above...if you dont have any of that left no big deal just give me a addy and i will send you seeds...i have two different kinds of beets, three packs of two different varieties of carrots, onion seed, collards, and iceberg lettuce. i am really into people sharing their excess in their gardens with the community and have taken excess to salvation army. there is always someplace extra food is needed so that it does not go to waste. great cause! p.s. i'm a jesus freak to :)

• arkseven
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks for the trades and the help in our community garden. To ymaddox, Charlie60, NancyPlants, FarnerGreg, mrs.b_in_wy your seeds will be on their way today,
    roper2008 return postage is headed your way. God bless you all!

We STILL have some trades available and STILL need more help. It takes a lot to plant 1� acres and a good variety of veggies. Be sure to check out our initial post and if you have a surplus of seed and would like to trade or can send for SASBE to help the community outreach, please take a moment and respond.

We will start our Greenhouse efforts at the end of February/first of March time frame and plan our community garden�s planting locations to ensure good rotation efforts�.just gotta know what we will have available to plan properly.

Thanks in advance,
    ~Arkseven

• ymaddox
    13 years ago

i just want to bump this worthy cause. may the lord bless this project and all who are a part of it :)

• boggardner
    13 years ago

Ark,

I am also a new gardener but with a generous family who's given me more than I need of some various seeds. I'll shoot you an email and see if there is anything we can trade!

-Erin

• arkseven
    Original Author
    13 years ago

To ymaddox, Charlie60, NancyPlants, FarnerGreg, mrs.b_in_wy, roper2008 I HAD POSTED THAT your packets "is headed your way" yesterday; however we had a Winter Storm blow into Kentucky before we got to go to the post office. Bottom line, the packets will not go into the mail until Friday now, sorry about the delay.

I guess I should not have posted until AFTER we went to the post office *shakes head*. Live and learn!

We'll get them in tha mail ASAP, but we gonna wait til the roads are clear(er).

We apologies for the delay!

~Arkseven

To Erin - I will send you a reply on email

• arkseven
    Original Author
    13 years ago

As of now our trades are committed. Thank all who have set up trades and those that are supporting the community garden efforts by sending left over seeds for SASBE, postage and/or free.

As with any huge undertaking such as this we can still use any veggie seed that you may want to donate. We gladly send SASBE or postage.

Like last year, we will make garden signs and place them near the plants as they grow so that we and others will know the person that contributed the seed for this community garden.

God bless you all.
    ~Arkseven

• margarita10
    13 years ago

Hi Arkseven,

I have some left over seeds I would like to donate. Please send me your adress and I will mail them out to you.

Margarita10

• gryffin
    13 years ago

I have many types of seed I can offer you from last year: broccoli, bush beans, corn, mini pumpkins, mini sweet peppers, snap peas, round carrots.

If anything here is of interest to you, let me know. I don't need a trade.

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    13 years ago

Hi Arkseven,

I just emailed you and have seeds going out tomorrow that are heading your way. Sorry I have been so slow in getting them together.

Sue

• ymaddox
    13 years ago

bump...this continues to be a great cause with lots of support. lots of giving people on this forum...god bless. ark how is the gardens coming? what are you still in need of? update us on what is going on:)

Sponsored