SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
grovegreenguy

One of the dumbest things I have ever witnessed

FrozeBudd_z3/4
9 years ago

Sorry, this is not garden related, though I had wanted to share.

Sooo, the other day we were travelling back home and ahead in the road could see what appeared to be a bicycle spill, someone was sprawled out on the asphalt. As we approaced closer, directly in front of the vehicle had sat a young teenage girl having happily plunked herself down in the near middle of my lane, this being on a moderately busy narrow secondary paved road with no shoulder. She made no attempt whatsoever to move and had simply expected vehicles to go around her while she chatted it up with her buddies who sat in the ditch, I guess she liked having her bum on the warm asphalt rather than getting grass stains. Because no other vehicles had been behind me, I was able to stop and roll down the passenger side window and blurted for her to get the heck out of the middle of the road, do you want to get killed! With a big pouty face, she got up and walked herself and her bike off the asphalt while mumbling "I'm sorry" ... seriously, that attractive young girl could have so easily have met her Waterloo that day! I had felt a tiny bit bad for having growled at her, though better to have been chewed out than run over.

btw ... anyone living in Alberta knows just how terrible the drivers are here! Several times I've needed to swerve to avoid being hit by cell phone distracted drives and stops signs, especially rural ones are often treated as fly through yield signs. Irritated drivers have honked in anger because I always take three seconds to come to a complete stop and look both ways twice, even passengers have snickered that I actually stop.

Yes, we all make mistakes at times, though has driving simply become a careless casual activity to most?

This post was edited by twrosz on Thu, Jun 26, 14 at 11:16

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Rodriguez Construction Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading Home Builders in Franklin County, OH