SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stoneeater

it's rough b eing a noob

stoneeater
13 years ago

So I've been reading here awhile and decided to try Byron's tea method and start bell peppers and tomatoes.

Get the cammamoile tea; go to the big box and get some ferry morris seeds. Peppers, tomatoes, celery and peas. Then I can't figure out whether to use the little green house with the hockey pucks or the little brown pots so I get both.

I'm feeling pretty confident at this point with all the knowledge I've soaked up.

I make the tea. Put a paper towel on a plate and make 4 little seed piles. Then pour the tea.

OMG!!!! My itty bitty celery seeds are floating away and my tomatoes are attacking my peeper seeds!

Put a paper towel on top also then continue pouring. Minor setback. Put plate on top shelf of fridge for overnight. Woke up this morning to seeds frozen in an icy paper towel. UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Microwave! That should work. It works on ice cream. Soak the hockey pucks in a weak tea solution (the first throwaway cup mixed in a gallon) and insert pea seeds that need to be A 1 1 1/2 DEEP! Put peas at the bottom of the soaked pucks. I just put 1 pea in each one because the instructions that say to do 3 and throw away 2 later seems wasteful.

Now the little cups. More peas, fill to the top. The rest only need to be buried a 1/8-1/4" Salvage a few peppers and tomatoes but use straight from the pack for more plus the celery which was not salvageable.

You can't pick up small seeds from a wet paper towel and the bigger ones stick to your fingers.

So fill cups with soil, place seeds top off cup with soil. More weak tea.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Soil seems to expand instead of contracting. Liitle white stuff from soil or maybe it's seeds are now floating all over the bottom of the 5 gallon buckets I put the cups in.

Throw more tea into bucket. Cups will soak them up. Yeah makes sense. Carry them into spare bedroom before the cats find them. 3 buckets at once. Set them down. Soil cups that aren't packed tightly have now spilled.

(insert emabarrased whimpering smilie here)

Hopefully something grows.

Comments (8)