SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cindeea_gw

Subliminal Healing Messages

cindeea
16 years ago

Getting my teeth cleaned last week, one of the news shows, Today or Good Morning America was on the TV. I love to have TVs in the dentist office to distract me from what they are doing with my mouth.

Anyway there a a study of putting headphones on the patients when undergoing surgery. The audio went something like this.."Breath Deep...Relax...breathe...Don't bleed...Heal....Family...Happiness...Peace of Mind...Heal...etc.

WOW I thought that was awesome!

When I was 19 I was in a serious head-on collision. My Father would come into the ICU on the time alloted and talk to me as long as they would let him. When I came out of my 48 hour shock induced coma I knew there were roses at my feet under the sheet. I knew my brother came home from college after getting an extension on his exams to field phone calls. I knew my Godmother and My Uncle were at our house helping my Mother deal with it all. I knew my dad put on bacon for BLTs and then got a call from an attorney friend to tell him his whole practice was donating blood. I knew he told my brother to watch the bacon...my younger brother(my best friend) was so distraught over my situation and forgot to watch the stove while Dad took the call. I knew our kitchen then caught on fire. I knew so many people loved me and it was like my Dad was there the whole time leading me out of my coma. Why did I know all this? He told me while I was sleeping.

Years later when he had triple bi-pass surgery, I remembered how this had affected me and I talked to him constantly in recovery. I took a crossword puzzle to his ICU room and would ask him for 4 and 5 letter words. I filled in 1/2 the puzzle before I had to go pick up my brother when he flew in. When we got back to the hosp. My Dad was off all the obnoxious tubes I warned my brother about. He was sitting up with his glasses perched on his nose and he filled in the sqares on the crossword I hadn't finished with "I LOVE YOU. THANK YOU. I'M BACK!"

This subliminal messaging I guess is quite new and expensive. You can actually have family members and friends record their personal messages to play for you while undergoing surgery. This is FANTASTIC!! When I go for my pre-op consult, I am going to ask Doc John if I can have them play Pink Floyd, James Taylor and Queen along with Dennis and Dan's encouragements. Hell, I'll pay for the recorder myself!!

Has anyone else heard about this self healing approach?

Comments (6)