SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fratx

Badly needing help with my Himalayan Cedars

FraTx
9 years ago

Hello, I am new to this Forum, so hello to everyone.
I have a 10 years old Himalaya cedar in my backyard that was doing fine beside very hot summers (especially 2011) and the last winter being very cold for this area (North Texas). The tree got winter damaged and lost many needles but they grew back very nicely in the Spring. Last summers on several occasion, a few limbs died but nothing major, I assumed it was no biggie but always happened in August or September (usually hot and dry in North Texas). This year I am suddenly losing many in the same area of the tree. First needles change color on one limb and next thing you know they turn yellow brown and fall off, one limb at a time it seems. So slowly and surely it's one after the other in the same area of the tree (3rd quarter of the tree from the bottom). In the past, when it happened to one limb, it died and needles never came back. I did extensive research and can't find the causes of this problem, I tried fungicide, gave the water the tree needs (not too much, not too little), Any idea? Thanks!

Francois

I have a different Himalaya cedar with the same issue, but on the other one it's the top of the tree losing small limbs, not many yet but still enough to affect the look.... will post another picture later.

Comments (7)