SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
newyorkrita

New Lily Bulbs coming to plant between the daylilies.

newyorkrita
13 years ago

I am really so glad that I have my daylily garden beds in place so I can go on with my plans to add bulbs in between the daylilies for a sucession of color. You all know I started adding spring bulbs, going to do more ordering for fall but meantime I will work on the summer color.

I thought about it, decided on Asiatic Lilies as they bloom here around the second week of June. Since the daylilies unually start at the very end of June to the first of July, that means the Asiatics bloom before the daylilies. Oriental lilies bloom for me pretty much during daylily season so I didn't want them for this project. Hybred lilies bloom at various times.

So I have lilies planned for a section at the very front yard, the late bloomers bed in the front yard, in the late bloomers bed in the backyard, the new section in the middle yard and the biggest batch in the backyard part that has mostly korth daylilies.

I ordered-

50 mixed Asiatic Lilies

25 Blackout

25 Allegretto

25 Black Bird

25 Tridex

25 Golden Joy

Yes, I know that makes 175 Lilies that all need to be planted as soon as they arrive this spring. But it will make the daylily gardens even prettier.

Comments (16)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville