SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kajun23

Green leaves falling off orange tree

kajun23
16 years ago

I'm new to the forum, although I tried searching up this problem but couldn't find anything similar enough.

During the summer, my orange tree was doing very well. It had many flowers and growing oranges.

But it started getting really cold (the beginning of winter!) and so we brought it into the garage. We left it there for quite a while and then brought it into the house when the snow came.

It's been two weeks since we brought it in, and it seemed very healthy until I brought it in. I watered it maybe once. The orange tree seems to be shedding all of its leaves, dropping all of its oranges and there are no more flowers. Branches are turning brown as well. The leaves that are shed are completely green. If you touch the tree a bit, it will drop many leaves...

I've taken some photos to show you a before and after because it is quite dramatic. I'm not sure what to do. I tried checking the roots but they seem strong and white (and not rotting). The soil is slightly damp.

Here are some photos.

This is it before (in August)

{{gwi:649821}}
{{gwi:649821}}

This is it now

{{gwi:649823}}
{{gwi:649823}}

Close up of leaves

{{gwi:649825}}
{{gwi:649825}}

Some green branches that have lost all leaves (some of the branches have already turned brown though)

{{gwi:649827}}
{{gwi:649827}}

A look at the soil roots

{{gwi:649829}}
{{gwi:649829}}

A shot from above (you can see all the leaves that have fallen off in the background)

{{gwi:649831}}
{{gwi:649831}}

Can we still save the tree? It's been with me ever since I was very young!

Comments (3)