SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
azcitrus

Meyer Lemon tree struggling/dying???

azcitrus
13 years ago

I planted this lemon tree about 10 weeks ago. It is in shade in the morning and full sun in the afternoon. After I planted it, leaves yellowed slightly, and always looked wilted. I initially watered it every other day (for about a week). After that, I switched to watering a deep soak weekly. Within the last few weeks, it started getting much much worse, but at the same time, it sprouted some new leaves and branches towards the top and middle. By getting worse, I mean many of its leaves no longer look just yellow and wilted, they look brown and burnt at the tips.

When I first noticed it was really bad, I did another full watering mid week, but it didn't get better, so I didn't do that again because I know over-watering can cause it to look wilted too. After another week went by, I did a really long soak (filled up its well twice and let the hose run for an hour on low)

I have a Minneola Tangelo, and it's growing faster than a weed, and dark green and lush. I also have an orange and grapefruit tree that are doing nicely but theyre all in shade in the afternoon.

Please help! Could it be bugs of some kind? I don't see any on there. I wrapped the trunk in newspaper in case it's subburnt. I know it looks tight, but it does get air in there

{{gwi:610247}}

{{gwi:610248}}

{{gwi:610249}}

Comments (13)