SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shiao_gw

i have a quick question

shiao
16 years ago

Hi everyone;

I recently bought two Jackmanii, a Ville De Lyon (from a good nursery...good root systems), a sad Rosemoor and a sad Wisley from Home Depot (should have potted them and planted in the Fall...live and learn). I planted them all directly into the ground, about two inches below the original pot level. Everyone is doing fine...the Rosemoor wilted suddenly a few weeks ago, and I cut it all the way down to the ground, and it has since sprouted a nice new stem. The Wisley is chuggling along on a trellis of its own and has lots of little buds. The VDL has sprouted a second stem and the Jackmaniis are blooming. My question is this...should I cut the Jackmanii all the way to the first two set of leaves once it finished blooming? Should I cut EVERYBODY back in the middle of summer? I am thinking that if I do this now in the middle of July, there will still be time for new stem sprouts amd also for the strengthening of the root system. Or should I just leave everything alone and wait till early spring to had prune everyone back? thanks for your advice.

Mike

Comments (10)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor