SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bigoledude

Thank you wonderful folks from the Carolinas!

bigoledude
17 years ago

Please allow this old Cajun another opportunity to thank you wonderful people for your generosity.

After hurricane Katrina had totally destroyed our home and all but 6 homes in our parish (county), the people on this Carolina forum collected and sent to us many many seeds and bulbs.

It all began when Ms. Brenda (a Carolina member) heard about us last spring and, asked you folks to help with a new garden in a very desolate place. The result was a very emotional and wonderful experience for me and my wife Dana!

The garden we planted was a joy to everyone who saw it. The hometown folks needed it so so badly. A very bright spot in this moonscape/gray landscape we live in.

Visitors to our area would stop in the middle of the street to marvel at this little oasis of color in the midsts of all this destruction.

We are doing fine. We are living in a 240 sq. ft. trailer in the driveway of our destroyed house. We have finally been given the OK to rebuild our house. The sheer numbers of seeds y'all sent would have taxed the capabilities of a world-class athlete. Much less a half-crippled old Cajun like me. So, I donated some of your seed to other flood victims and some to our Botanical Gardens at New Orleans' City Park. Please forgive me if have acted wrongly. I did not want those precious seeds to go to waste.

A very famous book says that you can do all sorts of "good stuff" but, without love, it's a waste of time. Well, you Carolinians are the kindest, sweetest, and most loving people I have ever known. Dana and I will never ever forget your wonderful words and gifts.

It has taken me about a half-roll of scott-towels to finish this sorry attempt at expressing our love and thanks to y'all.

Look around you and be very proud of your people, we certainly are.

Ray and Dana Gremillion

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Premier Interior Designer | 2x Best of Houzz Winner!