SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
friedajune

Please Help Me ID What is Wrong with My Clematis

friedajune
16 years ago

I am not knowledgeable about Clematis, so I am looking forward to help on this forum.

Background:

I have a Clematis that was here when I moved in 3 years ago. It's kinda wild, and has sent somehow baby Clematises (sp?) all throughout my garden, including across the yard. I prune it at times, when it seems to be taking over, but it grows back amazingly quickly, like something in an Amazonian rain forest! So I'd say it's vigorous. It gets about 3 hours of sun a day, and more at the top of the fence (fence is about 9' high). It flowers beginning in early Oct. continuing into November. In one mild year, it was flowering still at Thanksgiving. The flowers are little white flowers, hundreds of 'em.

I've just noticed pale leaves. I have never seen these before. The paleness starts at the edges, eventually covering the entire leaf. I have even had to cut some of the vines that were entirely white leaves. That has never happened before. I do not know if it's a disease or not. Also, we are plagued by rabbits, but in the past the rabbits have never eaten the Clematis. But, I am wondering if a rabbit munched on a bottom trunk, making leaves stemming from the trunk whiten, and eventually die? Or is it a disease, nutritional deficiency, or what? Thanks for all your help.

{{gwi:598607}}

{{gwi:598608}}

{{gwi:598609}}

Comments (2)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio