SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
deirdre_2007

Somebody stop me . . .

deirdre_2007
15 years ago

Yikes. I need to stay away from all nurseries, big box stores, online sites and catalogs.

I told myself I was only going to buy my tree peonies this year because I wanted to make sure that I was able to dedicate myself to their care. My mom came to visit and bought me some Gaura, a Clematis and a Mandevilla. My sister came to visit and we sowed two packets each of: Portulaca, Coreopsis, Phlox and Shasta Daisies. My youngest daughter and I did two packets of Painted Daisies, Lavender and Dhalias.

I couldn't pass up the Loropetalums on sale at Lowes because I've been in love with them for a few years. Then I saw them even cheaper at Roses in Zebulon, so I bought 4 more there. I bought 4 Azaleas at Walmart for 2.50 a pop and just tonight I was in Lowes to buy parts for our BBQ and they had hanging baskets on clearance and Lantana on clearance.

I'm happy to say that everything is already in the ground except for the peonies, they go tomorrow. But yikes, so much for not buying any plants this year!!!

Definitely a sickness!! I hope they never find a cure.

Comments (10)