SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
central_cali369

Lets see how big Frosty takes a fall transplant...

15 years ago

Hey all! it's been a while since i've posted. Seems like i have less time every day. Well, i finally saw myself forced to move the monster of a brug that my Frosty Pink had become. It was completely shading a dwarf Valencia orange, making it a perfect breeding ground for cushiony white scale (nasty little critters, they historically almost brought the Californian citrus industry to the ground - look them up online if you dare!). I had been putting the task off for a whole year, but seeing the gradual infestation of the valencia orange, i decided to do it this past weekend. I dug out a root ball about 3' x 3' x 2' deep and the tree itself was about 9' tall and equally as wide! it was a monster to move! it's in the ground now, getting use to it's new spot and dropping all of its leaves due to shock (and hot temps - we don't usually cool down until early November so it's dealing with dry, 90 degree weather right now). Hopefully, the shock will encourage a mass of new blooms. We'll see what happens. Has anyone ever tried transplanting such a large brug before? Who asked a while back about moving a large plant like this? I can't remember.

Comment (1)