SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
katita_gw

Native Plant Hedge - Northern California

katita
16 years ago

Greetings,

We are trying to create a Native Garden in our front yard (quite a small yard). Our Neighbor's driveway is very close to our home/yard (on this street of 1940s homes, the driveway runs between each house and back to an old fashioned outdoor garage) -- our neighbors have stock-piled three rusty non-working cars in their driveway! The cars take up the whole length of the driveway which is adjacent to our front yard. The rusty cars are parked starting at the sidewalk, and continue to their garage (which they do not use for cars, but for storage. We have talked to them, but since the issue has not been remedied, I am thinking of planting some kind of hedge along the edge of our yard adjacent to their driveway. Even a 4 foot hedge would go far towards blocking the cars. My husband is very committed to everything in the front yard being Native to CA. I am committed to low-water and Native if possible...however, I would love to block our view of the rusty vehicles and would consider non-native if necessary. If you have any suggestions, we are open to them! Thank You, Katita

Comments (11)