SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
grant_in_arizona

Happy September! What looks great/awful in your garden?

grant_in_arizona
11 years ago

Hi everyone! Happy September! You know what that means, right? Yup, hopefully it means a few to many days that are below 100 (I know, it may not be for a few weeks still!), and usually an end to the monsoon humidity! We should get a few tastes of the nice, long, easy gardening season ahead of us. I don't know about you, but my garden got SEVERAL good, heavy soakings this summer. Definitely a good monsoon season as far as my garden plants are concerned! How about yours??

This is the time of year when several of the plants in my garden that sulked, and barely made it through summer start to revive a bit, and those that looked good in summer continue to do so. Here's something looking good right now, and messy, at the same time: the southwest corner of my garden. I know, I know, a lot of stuff is overgrown, but it's happy and blooming so I just can't cut it back. Yet.

{{gwi:418009}}

It's really just a bed of magenta vincas, several orange and yellow lantanas, some super fragrant chocolate flowers, more fragrant daturas, and then several cacti, agaves, aloes and other succulents, and a few plumerias sneaking in as well.

What about your garden? What looks great? Awful? You have an eager audience here on the forum, so don't be shy, especially since it's so easy to post pictures now! But pics or not, we'd love to hear how things look this month.

Take care and happy gardening!

Grant

ps: by the way, if you love talking gardening as much as I do, connect with me on Facebook (Grant Meyer) or Google Plus (Grant Meyer, no shock there). 99.9% of what I post on both is plants, gardening, and nature-related day trips etc. Just let me know how we "know" eachother, LOL.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pics, so far, from my garden September 2012

Comments (22)

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert