SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
debnfla8b

Tea rose Anna Olivier or/aka Lady Roberts

debnfla8b
14 years ago

In the book Tea Roses: Old Roses for Warm Gardens they say Anna Olivier and Lady Roberts are the same rose. Does anyone know this for sure?

I have tried for 4 years to buy the tea rose Anna Olivier from the Goodwood Rose sale in Tallahassee held every February. So far all 12 Anna Oliviers have turned out to be Spice. Spice is a good rose and I have kept 2 of them and gifted the other 10 to friends. But I really want Anna Olivier. I have YET to get her. I tell them at Goodwood every single year that Spice is being mixed up in the cutting harvest for Anna but so far I guess no one believes me. I am soooo tempted to take my clippers with me as I stroll over to admire the mother plant...LOL But I don't steal! So....this year I am going to beg for some cutting....I will happily pay for them. But, I want to cut them myself or go with a person to get them.

Vintage is the only one with Anna Olivier that I know of and it is custom rooting. I can't afford 40 dollars for one rose right now!

I emailed the rose society that holds the sale each year in Tallahassee explaining what is happening with the cuttings of Anna Olivier. I hope someone believes me! I even sent pictures but so far...no one listens.

So....does anyone agree that Lady Roberts is really Anna Olivier?

Deb

Comments (13)