SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ingrid_vc

If You Could Have Only Three Roses to Design your Garden with..

.....what would they be? Imagine that you're designing your dream garden which most probably would include trees, shrubs, perennials, perhaps irises and day lilies, lavenders and sages and all the plants you love. Among these of course you would want to plant lots of roses, but you can only confine yourself to three varieties. Not only would you have to love them, but they would have to make a contribution to your garden design, bloom prolifically, look good as a shrub and be easy to care for. This would be much more than just your favorite roses. Which ones would they be?

In my case, in my Mediterranean cottage garden in a hilly and rather wild setting I would choose Mutabilis for the way it would blend into the landscape, create a large focal point and its constant bloom of colorful, variegated flowers, Le Vesuve for its constant bloom of lilac pink flowers that would blend in so well with the silvery foliage of the butterfly trees and lavenders and sages, and its ability to withstand and bloom prolifically in the greatest heat, and Cl. Lady Hillingdon for the wonderful, glowing color that would light up the garden and decorate the house wall and climb arbors that will give height and add drama to the garden. Add its subtle fragrance and ability to bloom frequently and without disease in my area and I can think of no better choice.

Imagine your dream garden with three varieties of roses scattered everywhere among your other plantings, and please tell us what they would be.

Ingrid

Comments (35)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz