SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
riku_gw

Marianne, Ariana did bloom today

riku
13 years ago

Thought you would be interested how things progressed from 2008 when I was not sure I had even imported the right rose after the first leaves started looking "pimpinefolia" fern like. Bloomed for the first time today - looks like right rose .... my note on HMF below with details. A "Noisette" classification? I protected Noisettes and generally they do not last three winters and still bloom as a generalization.

{{gwi:296913}}

"Imported in 2008 from Petrovic Roses. In third season 2010, bloomed and photo is first bloom. Planted in the most sheltered spot, a south facing wall in my zone 3a (Canada) Calgary Alberta garden. Only gets south wind. Put on trellis due to it's canes tending to "droop or ramble". This trait is why it probably survived well last year when I never protected any of my out of zone roses for the first time - plenty other roses canes dead to the ground but not Ariana - for comparison Zephrine D., planted 3 feet away completely died when after 7 years of reaching 5 to 6 feet with winter protection. Ariana only lost one cane and 3 inches of the remaining ones. I will remove it from trellis come fall time and probably protect to get it taller."

Comments (12)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES