SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ghdr

What should I do? -- Lowe's sold me a wrong plant

ghdr
16 years ago

This is my favorite forum but not suitable for my topic. Since I can't find a forum for Crepe Myrtle I come back here to ask for suggestions....please forgive me.

Two weeks ago I bought a pretty good size Pink Velour Crepe Myrtle from Lowe's for $72. I have read about Crepe Myrtle for over a month and decided this is the perfect one for my SMALL backyard (it blooms over 120 days, remains small and does not mind clay). I was so excited and spend a whole day digging the biggest hole in the world and filled in Miracle Gro soil. The rain really helped and it sent out lots of new shoots. It finally bloomed.....and to my great mismay....it is bright red with white fringe! Now I don't know what the heck I have got, even after hours and hours searching for answers in the internet.

Now I got stuck. I can't return the plant and get a refund (hate to do that to Lowe's and it hurts the tree), and I hate to get stuck with a plant I don't like for the rest of my life. I shoval pruned the previous one because it looked ugly and bloomed only 70 days. I don't want to kill another one!

Can anyone tell me what species it can be? The leaves look just like the real Pink Velour--purplish green. The only difference is the bloom. Red with white fringe. Hopefully I can find out the name of it and read about it. Maybe it will perform well and like the clay. If so, I will try to love it and keep it. Thank you for your help in advance.

Comments (33)