SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mashamcl

Are you getting your Nor'east orders?

mashamcl
14 years ago

I would like to know how long it is taking you to get your orders. I made mine on the 25th of last month and haven't heard anything back. I know they are busy and I don't want to call and pester, so perhaps you could tell me if this is normal. How long did it take your order to at least be confirmed? To arrive?

Thanks for helping me with my anxiety:-)

Masha

Comments (30)

• hoovb zone 9 sunset 23
    14 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

I'm waiting too, Masha. I ordered 2 more Renaes, The Dahlia Rose, and Precious Dream. A Moore extravaganza. Hopefully they will arrive soon.

• anntn6b
    14 years ago

My first order arrived way back when, about four days after I placed the order.
    Then I put a last ditch order in about two weeks ago. I did get a confirm on it, but it hasn't appeared yet.

(The Walter Mitty in me envisions all of our orders sitting there in half empty boxes and NorEast using unsold roses to fill the spaces in our boxes.)

• Related Discussions

Nor'East mini 'Black Jade'

Q

Comments (9)
    My black jade was covered in Mildew. It was planted on the east side of the house, got morning sun only for about 3 hours a day... Was right next to the house with no circulation... a combination of lack of sun and lack of air had the poor thing practically white... I would have bought another and planted it elsewhere, but I don't like the yellow stamens when it opens...
    ...See More

Nor' East stops orders?

Q

Comments (11)
    Mary1 You are welcome. My friend called my yesterday and said our order is in (we combined orders to save on shipping). She said they are huge and very healthy. Our rose society meeting is on Sunday so she will bring them to the meeting. I do now think you will have to worry about Nor'east quality. Their roses have always been very healthy. From what I understand they are just closing the retail but will continue the wholesale side. So I do not think they will be getting rid of any of their mother plants. So you should not be afraid to order once they open the website back up. It is in their best intrest to keep up the quality. I just hope the nureries buying them wholesale from Nor'est will carry a nice selection of the old and new. Liz
    ...See More

Where is Nor-East Roses Now?

Q

Comments (28)
    I would agree with you except that as I mentioned, they were indoor plants, and I'm sure I had them shipped during the winter/early spring so shipping wouldn't have "cooked" them. Unless I am misunderstanding your comment? I do know the climate here is extremely dry, much different than in PA, and my roses constantly got powdery mildew in the house here in Phoenix; yet in PA I rarely if ever had that problem. Since then I've been monitoring the humidity inside and it's been pretty constant at between 20 - 25% (of course outside it gets as low as 1%). I'm guessing Burlington Roses is no longer in business? A quick search brought up cached webpages but no current website. I do remember a favorite micro mini that I loved so much, I named my cat after it in PA - it was called "Spice Drop". It was a pretty small pink micro mini and did extremely well in PA, but when I got the same variety here, it got powdery mildew to the extent I couldn't save it. I got pretty discouraged about raising roses in general that I just stopped even looking at them. Although I see a lot of "tough" roses being raised outdoors here, obviously none are minis. I'm solely looking for a tiny indoor pot rose to try my hand at again. Perhaps in October/November when it starts to get below 100 reliably I will restart my search efforts.
    ...See More

Nor' East Roses Taking Orders!

Q

Comments (13)
    Does anyone know if they will be adding still more after this second round, or is this it? The ones I was coveting are still not on the site now. Does that mean they are permanently "sold out" and that I will not be able to get them at all? (I did put in an order after round 1 of the postings, though, so at least I will get those.) Thanks Kathy
    ...See More
  • mashamcl
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks, it is good to know I am not alone and forgotten. I ordered a Renae too, always wanted it, and Fuzzy Wuzzy Red and Joan Austin.
    Masha

• ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
    14 years ago

I ordered mine on June 30 and received confirmation promptly but haven't heard anything since then. My guess is that they're in chaos with closing down this side of their business and trying to fill all the orders that have poured in. We could also at least partly blame this on the person who ordered 250 roses and has left the rest of us in the dust! Can you imagine packing that many roses? Not to mention unpacking and planting? It makes me very happy about my modest five. At the same time, would love to see the garden when they're all planted and blooming.

Ingrid

• sherryocala
    14 years ago

I ordered 3 and don't have them yet. I'm being patient like they said. :))

Sherry

• Terry Crawford
    14 years ago

I ordered my last order on 6/4 and received an e-m on Wednesday that said they would ship next Monday. My order is shipping complete, also.
    -terry

• mashamcl
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Wow, Terry, over a month's wait! Thanks for giving me a frame of reference.

Masha

• Terry Crawford
    14 years ago

Masha, I was beginning to wonder myself if my order was lost in space, or if they were done shipping since the business is closed. I'll be seeing my six next Thursday.
    I had forgotten I had ordered "Dancing Flame" and reordered it again. I wish now that I had ordered 'Orange Honey' instead. Oh, well...
    -terry

• lucretia1
    14 years ago

I placed my order on June 5th. Got the automated email right away, and this week I got the notification that it will ship next week.

For those of you who say your orders are complete, is there a way to look up and tell if your order is complete, or are you just basing it on how much the charge is?

• Jean Marion (z6a Idaho)
    14 years ago

First order ordered 5/28 received 6/11

Second order ordered 6/1 received 7/9

Third order ordered 6/26 not received yet

• serenasyh
    14 years ago

Guys, I am yowling because I was so tempted to order a mini after I tried to identify my mystery/abandoned mini-rose-that-I-thought-was-Dr-Huey... I actually browsed through Nor-East, and was so tempted to get minis for myself until I found out that they were way overwhelmed with back-orders.. I wanted the minis as "companion plants" since the roses seem to really thrive in spite of my nasty soil (which I will be amending this winter...)

Now I'm sad because I'm an entire year too late and Nor'east will no longer be available to us. Tears! Kansas has a horrible selection of minis, and I've heard so many terrific things about Nor'east! you are lucky lucky people!

• cjolliff
    14 years ago

I placed my order on June 22, and got an e-mail wednesday saying I should expect it to arrive at the end of next week. I can't wait!!

• lookin4you2xist
    14 years ago

Ingrid,
    It was ONLY 225! (They were already aware of the order before I placed it) Believe me, getting this order in Florida (middle of July) will not be fun (Hell comes to mind) but I think I will be keeping them inside under lights until Fall. I'll be tracking my order like a kid looking for Santa.

lucretia1, I usually copy and paste any order before I do it, and put it in a text file.

serenasyh you say Dr-Huey, I am confused Huey is a rootstock (usually) and a good rose in it's own right IMO but, it is not a mini.

Anyways, no guess work on my end as to when my order would arrive.

• Terry Crawford
    14 years ago

Lucretia1, I'm basing it on how much they charged my VISA, and I didn't make any alternate selections.

Serena, do you have a local ARS chapter in your area? The one I belong to sells minis every year...I snagged some really great ones this May. Our president gets them in during the winter, pots 'em up, and grows them in his greenhouse until they are big enough to sell in May. Members get first choice, and then we sell to the public as fundraisers. Got me hooked on minis and minifloras.
    -terry

• lucretia1
    14 years ago

Thanks--I have a copy of what I ordered, and the original email confirmation lists what was ordered, it's just when they ship there's nothing to show what you're getting, other than price. Guess I'll find out next week!

• mashamcl
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Lookin4you2exist (did I spell that right?), what is your list of available warm climate roses?

Masha

Thanks everyone, I am compiling my next Vintage order and really wanted to make sure I am not losing track of anything.

• serenasyh
    14 years ago

sorry, Lookin4you2exist...My mini is definitely a mini! Since it was an abandoned straggly thing, I thought it was a Dr. Huey and that it was just a rose that had reverted to its rootstock because it was so lanky. But then! its buds bloomed into a flower that definitely was the wrong shade of red and had way too many petals.. I thought, huh? this is so weird, this should be Dr. Huey! but then Jerijen confirmed for me that it was indeed a mini from the photos I posted about this mystery rose...

I too like you, Lucretia can never plant in the midst of summer...It is sweltering in mid August...Wow, 225???? are you serious! that must be some marvelous collection you've got!

Terryjean that is a great idea... about getting minis from the rose society... will have to check up on that...I just hope Kansas is not "deadbeat" when it comes to minis...I join a dog agility club and compete with my Border Collie, but Kansas is deadbeat when it comes to the availability of local clubs and competitions...so hopefully the rose society will offer much more "opportunites" than what I've experienced in the dog agility world...Kansas is not exactly a hotbed of activity, LOL! compared to someplace like rose-country Vancouver, hee-hee!

• lookin4you2xist
    14 years ago

Masha, Not sure what you mean by warm climate roses, I mainly grow ht, chinas, polyanthas, noisettes, minis odds and end OGR's mosses the whole gambit. I have about 4-500 roses already (not too bad for being on a lot) I wanted to add a lot of Ralph Moore roses over the years, but being in Florida, it was hard for me to get many of the varieties. When I heard of the sale I figured it was only going to be harder for me to find Ralph Moore roses and I wanted to have a large collection of them to try in my daily "crosses" plus my misting box has not had a lot to do this year. So, this is what I ordered,thankfully Bill De Vore knew the order was coming... I would have ordered about 75 moore roses but my first order did not make it in for the cut off point, but when Bill saw what I wanted to do he musta really scrambled because he offered me roses I had never seen online . I am not excited about the order really, but I wanted a good solid mini rose starter kit, and I wanted to make sure that someone in Florida had an ok sized collection of Ralph Moore roses as we can not buy from a lot of places in California.

serenasyh, when I first really started adding roses to my garden I drove over an hour each way to go to Lakeland to go to Malcolm Manners meetings, best I could have done IMO I passed on the local societies St Pete Tampa etc.(got tons of great roses great way to start) I have had the local society presidents come right out and say ...well we have nuthing in common, I only do minis ? I was like WTH? rude .... so I still will not go to meetings in Tampa Bay (I didn't fit into the exhibit thing I worked too much to care, and my thing was breeding roses on a small scale something no one else really does in my area, I also was hooked on the Bermuda found roses and Alister Clark roses to start, not common!) Ramblin like a rose here is my order for the minis, any other rose I have if it isn't under patent I can usually grow own root or graft.

Angel Darling
    ALBUQUERQUE ENCHANTMENT
    Autumn Fire
    Ann Moore
    Andrea
    Angel Pink
    Antique Rose
    Avandel
    Berkeley Beauty
    Baby Cecile Brunner
    Baby Darling
    Baby Eclipse
    Blue Mist
    Candleflame
    Carmela
    Cl. Baby Darling
    COFFEE BEAN
    Charmer
    Chelsea
    20 Cherry Hi
    Chiquita
    CINDERELLA GOLD
    Cl. Jackie
    Carol Jean
    Celebrate Life
    Cherry Magic
    Centennial Miss
    CAL POLY
    Christine Weinert
    DRESDEN DOLL
    Debbie
    Dian
    Double Joy
    Don Marshall
    Doris Bennett
    DOUBLE TREAT
    EARTHQUAKE
    Elfin Charm
    Eleanor
    40 Edna Marie
    Easter Morning
    ENGLISH PORCELAIN
    Fiesta Gold
    Fingerpaint
    Firefall
    Fairy Moss
    Fresh Pink
    FOCAL POINT
    Fiesta Ruby
    Galaxy
    Golden Angel
    Golden Century
    Gold Coin
    Green Diamond
    Gold Fever
    Golden Gardens
    GOLDEN HORIZON
    GREEN ICE
    Gidget
    60 Gina's Rose
    HOPE AND JOY
    Happy Thought
    Halo Dolly
    Halo Fire
    HALO GLORY
    Hi Ho
    Hoot N Holler
    Hall of Flowers
    Honeycomb
    HOOT OWL
    ICED TEA
    Jackpot
    Janice
    Janna
    Joan Austin
    Jewel Box
    Judy Fischer
    JUST FOR YOU
    JULIE LINK
    80 JOYCIE
    JESSICA ROSE
    Janice Tellian
    June Time
    JACQUIE WILLIAMS
    Kathy
    Kayla
    Keith's Delight
    LOVE AND PEACE
    LIBERTY BELL
    Little Bit O Sunshine
    Little Buckaroo
    Lucky Charm
    Little Chief
    Lavender Delight
    Little Emma
    LITTLE ESKIMO
    Little Girl
    LAVENDER JEWEL
    LOVELY LORRIE
    100 LITTLE PINKIE
    Little Scotch
    Little Tiger
    Mary Adair
    Mary Marshall
    Marime
    My Best Friend
    Mr. Bluebird
    Max Colwell
    Magic Dragon
    MARY HILL
    Mistee
    Mood Music
    Mary Shields
    My Stars
    My Valentine
    Millie Walters
    Magic Wand
    New Adventure
    Nurse Donna
    20 Nancy Hall
    Nutshop
    ORANGE HONEY
    Orchid Jubilee
    Ora Kelly
    OUT OF THE NIGHT
    Out of Yesteryear
    ORANGE PARFAIT
    Orange Twist
    Paintbrush
    Pink Cameo
    Prom Date
    Pink Elf
    Persian Flame
    Pink Frostfire
    Peach Halo
    PINSTRIPE
    Pink Joy
    Playgold
    Patty Lou
    40 Pink Mandy
    Polly Sunshine
    Persian Peach
    Pink Petticoat
    POWER POINT
    Pink Poodle
    Persian Princess
    Precious Dream
    Pink Ribbon
    Phyllis Shackelford
    PATRIOT SONG
    Pink Twist
    Red Alert
    Rita Applegate
    Roses are Red
    RALPH'S CREEPER
    Redwood Empire
    Renae
    RENNY
    Red Germain
    60 ROSE GILARDI
    Ruby Magic
    Robi
    RING OF FIRE
    Rountuit
    Red Wand
    Sequoia Ballet
    Sunday Brunch
    Spanish Dancer
    SHARON'S DELIGHT
    Swedish Doll
    Star Dust
    SEQUOIA GOLD
    Simplex
    Saint Mary
    Scarlet Moss
    Snow Twinkle
    Southern Delight
    Softee
    Sugar Plum
    80 SPOTLIGHT
    Secret Recipe
    Sunshine Sally
    Spring Song
    Splish Splash
    Strawberry Swirl
    Star Delight
    Stacey Sue
    SEQUOIA TWIST
    Sungold
    Tag - a - long
    TEDDY BEAR
    Toy Clown
    The Dahlia Rose
    Tangerine Jewel
    Topaz Jewel
    Torch of Liberty
    Tea Party
    Trinket
    Top Secret
    200 TWILIGHT SKIES
    Tom Thumb
    VINEYARD SONG
    White Angel
    Watercolor
    Windy City
    WINTER MAGIC
    WORK OF ART
    Woodstock
    Yellow Bantam
    Yellow Doll
    Yellow Magic

211 roses

2nd order list

BABY AUSTIN
    CHARLIE BROWN
    Earthquake, Cl.
    DIAMOND ANNIVERSARY
    Fair Molly
    Fuzzy Wuzzy Red
    Halo Today
    PENNIES FROM HEAVEN
    Red Fairy
    RALPH MOORE
    RUBY PRINCESS
    Ruby
    STARS N STRIPES
    Thanks to Sue

225 total wowser!!!!! About 10 or less are not Ralph Moore I am going to sit down today and try to figure out what will be planted near what, but as I said, most will only see inside my house or inside my misting boxes until Fall. But, by Spring I will have at least doubles of everything that is not under patent.

• mashamcl
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Looking4you, I based my question on what you said in your member profile, that you have rooted cuttings of rare roses suitable for warm climates. Perhaps I misunderstood.
    Masha
    That's quite a collection you have!

• serenasyh
    14 years ago

Wow, and wow! Looking4you2exist! I am soooo impressed by your mini collection! I will definitely have to get your advice for 2010 when it comes to getting very! fragrant minis of a particular shade-depends on what my completed garden scheme in hot Kansas weather looks like... Part of the huge challenge about minis is that there are so many kinds that my head spins on what to get! and I get carpal tunnel syndrome trying to resolve my own mini's mystery identity looking through Dave's Garden LOL!

and apologies about the wrong name, I couldn't go back and correct because this forum doesn't allow us to edit our posts...

That is a horrible shame about the attitude of Tampa Bay. Their loss!

• anntn6b
    14 years ago

The order I placed after they put more roses on their available list will ship on Monday according to an email I just received.
    So I expect they're sending out a bunch more orders each Monday.

• lucretia1
    14 years ago

Some that I ordered June 5 are due Friday--can't wait!

I am just so sad that they are no longer retail. My minis from NorEast are the BEST!

• kstrong
    14 years ago

Just got mine -- ordered June 24th -- they sent an email on a Wednesday that they were being shipped "next week" and then the box showed up at my house two days later, on Friday. So much for next week.

They were sold out of two varieties I had ordered (Gina's Rose and Joan Austin) and I got a refund for those.

Kathy

• mashamcl
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I just got an email I am getting mine next week. I hope I will get what I wanted:-)

Masha

• hoovb zone 9 sunset 23
    14 years ago

Yes me too, "next week", but they also sent an email about a partial refund, so I'm not getting all that I ordered.

• celeste/NH
    14 years ago

My second order was placed on June 24 and I received it yesterday, July 17th. The first order which came in mid-June consisted of: Grace Seward, Ernie, Roseketeer, Halo Today, Fair Molly and Sequoia Twist. These arrived in perfect shape, with one blooming.
    The order I got yesterday looked a little more beat up, but still overall a great order. Being that its the middle of July and these shipped all the way across the country, defoliation is to be expected. The only rose
    I didn't get but wanted was Sweet Hannah.
    Those I got: Sleeping Beauty, Stars n' Stripes, Baby Austin, Baby Boomer, Earthquake, Halo Glory, In Memory,
    Tiddly Winks, Twilight Skies, Irresistible, Leading Lady,
    Minnie Pearl, Pinstripe, Tiny Tears, and Southern Delight.
    (Southern Delight is extremely tiny, in one of those liners).

Celeste

{{gwi:305280}}

Leaf Loss on many of them, but they look healthy otherwise....
    bottom one is a liner.

{{gwi:305281}}

• kstrong
    14 years ago

I ended up with a refund for two of the roses that were sold out -- Gina's Rose and Joan Austin -- and seven liners in a delivery of 28. The liners were Grace Seward, Joycie, My Sunshine, Ora Kelly, Remembering Dee, Earthquake (they must've sold out the climbing, because they also subbed the non-climbing version) and Leading Lady. The liners were quite root bound (nicely growing plants, in other words) and I have already put them in one gallon containers (which I think you should do with these little guys Immediately on arrival).

I'm bummed about the Joan Austin being sold out -- I collect stripes and I have no idea if I will ever be able to find this one anywhere else.

They also mistakenly gave me 2 of one of the plants on my order (Jewel Box) and forgot to include 1 other (Ring of Fire). So they are having their trials and tribulations over there.

I'm just glad I got what I did. Woo Hoo -- and now back to my planting party.

Kathy

• Terry Crawford
    14 years ago

Came last Wednesday; out of 6 roses, 3 were liners.

• eaj09
    14 years ago

Mine took about a month and I didn't get any email from them until they shipped. They finally arrived and I was pleased.

• mashamcl
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Well, they didn't tell me I am getting a refund, and I ordered Joan Austin too. Can't believe I will get it, looks like they ran out a while ago... I wasn't told anything about any substitutes either. Guess it will be a mystery order. Kathy, if I do get mine, you are welcome to cuttings.

Masha