SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tracydr12

Trying to identify a few tree's in our NEW home we just purchased

tracydr12
12 years ago

Forgive me for being totally "tree" illiterate, but we recently moved into a new home and I would like to identify a few tree's in our front yard. We moved from a condo, so I haven't had much experience with tree identification, lol.

We have been having trouble lately with people sneaking into our yard (literally jumping over our iron fencing and breaking limbs) and stealing pine cones off of the first tree (sorry the photo's aren't better, but I just pulled a few photos off of our pics when we first took pics of the house). Most of the photos show the same tree's, we have 4 of them in our front yard.

The first tree is some type of pine tree with very short needles, very small pine cones (about an inch). The pine needles are very compact and tight, and are a beautiful silvery/blue color but has very pointed limbs unlike the blue spruce. The "pine needles" seem to be like "puffs" of needles down the limbs. It also has a light/white color bark.

You can see the bark and some of the limbs hanging down in the first pics.

The second tree is one I don't know if I've ever noticed. It's an odd tree, but it reminds me of a tree with spanish moss hanging, but it's not spanish moss....what hangs down seems to be like pine needles, very short...but very soft?

Sorry about the photos....I couldn't sort them, however most of the photos are showing different views of the silver/blue/pointed limb pine with the light bark...I would like to identify 3 tree's total...The other tree has red berries on it and in the photo is in front of big windows.

Here is a link that might be useful: tree's

Comments (7)