SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
organic_all_the_way

Some "organic products" are a lie - don't be fooled

I am a long time organic gardener. Before using an organic product, I do my research and investigation work, and, I continue to research the products I am using. I completely believe in the organic movement, it has been my life, and believe it is the only way of assuring healthy, chemical free food for myself and my family. I haven't trusted 'organically-raised produce' because I have found cases of fraudulent activity (chemicals used secretly and never reported). This is why I raise my OWN produce. I do not mean to sound paranoid, but again, I do my research.
I have been using ecoscraps organic products when I first learned about them because they claim to be organic. Now I am convinced they are not. I found out they don't actually use food waste in their compost -lie number 1 it is all a marketing scam to get you to buy their product. if they use 'some' it is such a small amount, it really does not make a bit of difference to the planet like they say. I know because I talked to the composter. He also showed me piles of chemical-full grass clippings that they put into the compost. Huh? second, the products are not really omri even though they have the symbol (they have fooled omri). But the biggest change in my opinion came when I learned this week that scotts miracle-gro is buying the company. I am sure they want to keep this secret, so they can keep fooling people into believing it is a small organic company, but now they will start sneaking chemicals and chemical fertilizers into the compost and other products. Isn't there any organic products company out there that can be trusted anymore? I am interested in knowing from this forum what companies can be trusted and what can't be. I really appreciate this forum because this allows the people to speak and learn from each other. Please help me and the organic community raise healthy, organic produce that we can trust!

Comments (20)