SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aliska12000

I'm just enchanted by my first blooms on this pink (3 pics)

aliska12000
15 years ago

Vacant lot but owned; rustled it, got permission for the others except one which I'm not posting. Anyway, who but a mother could love these? I just love the sprays of pink blossoms, won't last long, scent is heavenly and almost same as the magenta one further down.

I don't know what it is, don't care any more, know it's not what most go for here, but it/they are true antique roses.

The pink one, next year, I'll try to interplant with something. Right now as it shoots up suckers, willy nilly, I pull out the grass and mulch, have done nothing to these except, root, nurture and plant out, first-year blooms for both.

The magenta one looks pretty raggy, but I love the splash of color, not the bloom form it should have, hope in time it will shape up. We did have a cold spring, something got the buds a little, and the parent plant is spectacular some years and ho hum others. I've got another magenta one ready to go into the ground, hope to find a little sunnier spot for it. It doesn't seem to sucker but gets huge, and I mean huge over time, but I can control that if I want. It was a happy mixing up of cuttings, I thought I had stuck yet a third one I'm not posting here, and it turned out to be the magenta, thought I had lost all of that one so tried yet a third time and got just 1 more.

I just adore my little pink rose, first shot is how it is sited and looked yesterday (not much space left for things so have to make do), and second is how one spray was this morning.

I have some stunning blooms on the first flush of Austins in front, but wanted to share these.

{{gwi:286152}}

{{gwi:286154}}

{{gwi:286155}}

Comments (17)