SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mxk3

I don't want to even SEE that water bill

16 years ago

that's coming at the end of the month, let alone cough up the money for it.

AAARRRGH!!! It has been ridiculously dry, I thought other years were bad, but I think this one takes the cake in terms of what I've gardened through. Like I posted previously, I tend to keep up with the watering until beginning of July then let things go, and most stuff seems to do fine, my soil is pretty good and fairly moisture-retentive and I try to practice the "right plant right place" rule of thumb, and outside of hand-watering the Annabelle hydrangeas (which are the showstoppers in my mid-summer gardent) I just let things be, even if it's hot.

I just haven't been able to do that this year, we not only had a horrible hot spell (and another one due at the end of this week), it has been so WINDY, constant wind. Today is the first day in a while that's it's been calm.

My bigggest problem is the shrubbery in teh front of my house is taking a beating, and when the shrubbery in the front droops and looks like cr@p, it makes the whole house look like cr@p, and I have to water seemingly constantly.

I just dread the day that bill comes....normally it is around $300 for the summer 3 months, but I'm guessing it's going to be closer to $500 this year. ^!$#@!!!&!^

WE NEED RAIN, RAIN, LOTS AND LOTS OF RAIN!!!

Comments (6)