SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ingrid_vc

Modern Roses in an Old Rose Garden

Most of us grow old roses because of their enchanting beauty, their history and how they beautify the landscape and our lives. Most modern roses don't have that some kind of fascination for us. However, I suspect I'm not the only person who grows a few modern roses that seem to fit in with the old roses. I'd be interested to know which roses fit into that category for others. Austins are not allowed because of their full coverage on the forum already and hybrid teas because in my biased opinion big flowers on sticks don't belong in a garden. I'm talking about the modern hybrid teas of course since the earlier ones we'll consider old roses.

{{gwi:272541}}

My first rose is a mini that was labeled Pink Bouquet but I'm not sure that's correct because this rose is not the light pink that Pink Bouquet is described as. At any rate I like it and feel it fits in well with old roses.

{{gwi:272542}}

{{gwi:272544}}

This is Wild Blue Yonder which is a very vigorous rose with a color and shape that I love. I find it to be very compatible with my landscape and with the older roses.

Ingrid

Comments (20)

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus