SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jimigunne98

How to change over to netafim fixed gph drippers?

jimigunne98
10 years ago

I have been developing several garden areas on 2 acres in S. Texas. I have irrigation using DIG timers. I have well water here that is pretty hard, but sand should all be filtered out. At first I tried using DIG adjustable drippers. These clogged within a very short time. So I tried DIG adjustable sprayers, and reset timers for a much shorter on-time each day. This was no good either, as the sprayers would clog sometimes within about 5 days. I could not keep on top of the unclogging/adjusting that was needed for so many plants and trees. Now I see that Netafim has a dripper that does not clog. I could go back to a long-on-time for a more even moisture level.
The problem is the Netafim drippers are not adjustable. I can get .5 gph or 1 gph for a reasonable 50 cents delivered. but I don't have a clue how to set the timer.... several on-times per day? My timers can water 4 times a day. And the other problem is if I water 4 times a day, how do I calculate the correct duration/minutes for each cycle so each plant or tree gets the right amount of water per day? Is there a table somewhere showing optimum water requirements per day for a particular plant, and its size?

Comments (4)