SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jenn_gw

Darlow's Enigma beneath two juniper trees?

13 years ago

We have two large, established Juniper trees in a corner of our backyard. The trees are limbed up with a canopy about 12 feet up, and allow some direct sun and some dappled shade depending on the time of day and season. The roots, of course, are also very established. The soil there is probably very good after keeping a compost pile there for several years. The trunks are about 10 feet apart and placed diagonally with the corner of the fence --- i.e. the corner and each trunk would form a triangle, with (I'm estimating) 10 feet or more of space for a large shrub or rose.

Several years ago we grew Darlow's Enigma in a different spot where it got shade about 1/2 day. That spot was way too small so we gave it away. However, I've never forgotten her scent, lovely white blooms, 99.99999999999999% disease-free and ease of care.

I'm considering getting another DE and putting her in the corner beneath the Juniper trees. I believe there is enough shade and space --- so my only concern is root competition and droppings from the tree.

Is there any reason why she would not be happy beneath the canopy of these Juniper trees? If can take a picture later if that would be helpful.

Comments (11)