SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jerry_nj

Hurricane Sandy, damaged lawn tractors

jerry_nj
11 years ago

I can't find the tractor forum here on garden web, is it gone?

I'll post my question there:

Among my losses from Hurricane Sandy are yard/garden tractors. I am considering offering one or both tractors "free" to anyone who is able to pick up the tractors - maybe a used tractor business, there are a couple of them within 20 miles of me.

2005 DYT 4000 Hydro with 42" deck.

This machine has low hours, I estimate less than 400, and has seen the head gasket replaced this spring (18.5 HP Intek 1 cylinder with poor head bolt design). The deluxe seat and steering wheel have minor damage, the mower deck appears to be undamaged as does the hood and front end (steering/tires). The major damage appears to be a broken hydro (transaxle) as the right rear wheel is at an angle that suggest the axle may have broken. The hydro speed/direction lever is also bent.

My view is the DYT 4000 repair cost, even done DYI, will cost more than can be justified. But, it has many useable parts.

Seeking views on how to go about getting the tractor removed from my property without my paying for beyond the value of the useable parts.

1993 GT6000 - minor damage, just the gas filler tube, it appears. Had it been parked about 4" further forward it would have been completely missed by the falling Pine trees (multiple trunk large White Pine). The gas tank replacement looks to be a minor repair job, and not expensive if I can find a used tank...this is almost an antique tractor, parts may be scarce - I also wonder if it might be of interest to someone to pick it up for the value of the parts. The hood also has a slight dent, due to be dropping a branch when cutting the tractor out of the mess around it. I may have even caused the gas filler tube damage while hitting the large branches with my chain saw. At least I haven't hurt myself, yet.

Comments (7)