SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
thombat4

My take on the DR 6 Ton Log Splitter...

thombat4
16 years ago

OK, so I got my new splitter today and after using it most of the day here's what I think. I was going to attach this post to the old DR thread but I figured I'd start up a new one. Anyway, I really like this splitter!! It is very powerful and went through all of my logs without any major problems. When it did stall all I needed to do was rotate the log into a different position and then it busted it wide open. It's very easy to operate and very easy to assemble. The logs I was splitting were approximately 10 to 13 inches in diameter. This is not an 8, 10, or 20 ton splitter but for my needs and I'm sure for a lot of other folks this machine does one heck of a job! I'm very pleased! They sell a table for it because it sits low but after an hour or so in the garage I made a very nice sturdy table out of some 2 by 4 material I had lying around. The splitter appears to be well made and weighs about 175lbs. If you're thinking about getting one I highly recommend it. Oh yeah it's pretty quiet too!

Bryan

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz