SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jenniferemily_gw

Need Advice re. Irrigating New Grass Seed

jenniferemily
17 years ago

Hi,

We just put in a pool and I have to sow grass seeds this spring. My plan was to have everything completed in the fall so that I could sow the seeds then but surprise, surprise there were delays with the pool company.

This is a weekend house in upstate New York, Zone 5. I had an automatic sprinkler system estimate - too much money and there are problems with our water pressure. We use well water. My plan is to set up a system with hoses and timers until the grass has established. I am looking at the Orbit Automatic Yard Watering system . I have water on both sides of the pool so I should be able to cover all four areas of the pool without much of a problem. I know I am going to have some hose marks but I don't know any other option. I am not handy enough to set up my own inground system and I have two young kids to watch so I don't have the time either.

Does anyone have any suggestions? What about recommendations for timers, hoses, and sprinklers.

I am getting worried about my time frame. The pool should be done by next week and then I have to grade and amend the soil. When is it too late to plant in the spring in Zone 5?

Thanks for all of your advice. I have been spending a lot of evenings on this site and I have learned a lot.

Jennifer

Comments (4)