SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dennis76_gw

Liftmaster Garage Door Opener 1265LM closes all opens up again

dennis76
14 years ago

Hi

I'm wondering if somebody out there can help me with a perplexing issue I have with my Liftmaster 1265LM , I have some tech ability but Im no expert on this ,it all started with one day the garage door quit opening at all you would just hear a clicking sound like a relay, I checked the back of the unit it was flashing 5 times repeatly, out of the manual- 5 FLASHES - Motor overheated or possible RPM sensor failure. Unplug to reset.

Symptom: Motor has over heated; the motor unit does not operate or trolley is stuck on stop bolt = Motor unit hums briefly; RPM Sensor = Short travel 6-8 inches. - Unplug unit to reset. Try to operate motor unit, check diagnostic code. - If it is still flashing 5 times and motor unit moves 6-8 inches, replace RPM sensor. - If motor unit doesn't operate, motor unit is overheated. Wait 30 minutes and retry. If motor unit still will not operate, replace logic board

I read on the manual this is the rpm sensor most likely first then the logic board 2nd, so i installed the new rpm sensor 41C4398A RPM sensor assembly with new inturuptor cup,

same issue just clicking, BTW I did try to unplug the unit for a whole day to see if it would reset, same issue, now just yesterday I replaced the logic board (41A5021-I) red button ,was a C revision cross references to the newer revision board I, now finally the garage door does open all the way but when I try to close it it hit the ground and goes right back up to full open position, after tinkering countless hours of adjusting travel down and force down I still can not figure this out, then when you make the adjustment you only get I think 5 tries, then the relay click comes back on, then the 5 flashs of the led again, have to unplug the unit wait 15 mins then try again . I think the motor gets very hot when going up/down repeatily and its a saftey feature that shuts it off temporalirilly,

BTW -the interuppter cup is on all the way reseated the connetor to the rpm sensor as well, both photo eyes are on solid green and appear to be working no flickering unless you break the beam.. ?

I feel like im spinning my wheels Please Help-Thanks Very Much for your help..

This is driving me crazy and been working on this for about 4 days now, out of work and can not afford to hire a repair guy right now..Thanks Dennis

Comments (2)