SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
penshattrick

No Power To My Liftmaster 1/3 HP Garage Door Opener

penshattrick
16 years ago

I just installed a new drive gear and sprocket assembly on my Liftmaster garage door opener. The old gear was reduced to dust, I assume because it wasn't greased during the initial installation. Anyway, I ordered the part and installed it, adjusted the travel and force, etc. Everything worked great. I was pretty proud of myself given that I"m not terribly handy. Then I put the housing back together and thing doesn't appear to have any power at all. The door control button won't light up and neither remote or the light to the opener even come on. I initially thought that it was an outlet issue (tripped circuit breaker, e.g.), but it was fine and I plugged in a small appliance to make sure it it worked fine. I looked at the wiring on the back of the unit and I see 3 terminals. All 3 have wires attached. As I think back to when I was replacing the housing, I had the back panel "flipped up" and out of the way and it flipped down twice while I was screwing the housing on (actually whacked me in the nose and left a nice cut the second time). It also hung by the wires while I was installing the new gear assembly. So I assume the problem is somewhere there, but all the wire appear to be engaged with the terminals. Any advice on whether this is likely where I should be looking and if so, how I can get it up and running? It would be a tremendous blow to my ego to find the problem, fix the problem, and then have to call a door technician or electrician to fix this because of me doing something as mundane as screwing the housing back on. Thanks!

Todd

Comments (8)