SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
buenapark05

F&I Genie Garage Door Opener 1/2 hp model H6000-2K Screw Drive

buenapark05
15 years ago

We have a new home, built in late 2005. We are the first owners. The house was prewired for garage door openers. With that in mind; we just bought this Genie garage door opener. We had it installed yesterday. The installer asked us if we wanted it installed with the prewiring or if we wanted the wires to be out and stapled to the wall. He said that the warranty would not cover any problems if we opted for the prewired option. We decided to go with the prewired. He said that sometimes the builders do not wire the houses appropriately and that causes problems and he has to tell us that from the manufacturer because of the warranty issues.

We live in a new neighborhood and all our friends have installed garage door openers and have never had problems... So we felt good about our decision.

The installer showed me how the system worked, ie. the controllers, the safe-t-beam and the force controls. He told me to read the manual and everything was set. He left, I closed the garage with the wall control and all was good.

Then, a few hours later, I decided to take out the lawn mower and do a little work in the back yard. I opened the garage door with the wall control and it opened. I left it open until I brought back the mower. When I tried to close it, I used the wireless key pad. Nothing happened, then I tried the wall remote inside the garage, and nothing happened.

I needed to close the garage so I pulled the emergency cord and instead of disengaging from the power supply, the motor started running and the door only closed half ways. I tried to push it down and the motor got louder, but I closed it. Once closed, the motor kept running. Then about 5 later, the motor stopped. I tried to open it again with the controls and nothing happened... So I went out through the front door. Then as I got out the front door, the garage door started opening by itself...

I tried to close it again, nothing happened. I finally just unplugged it from the outlet and pulled the emergency cord and closed it manually. This morning I tried taking another stab at it. I put the emergency lever back and plugged it to the outlet and it started opening up by itself without the controls.

I don't know what to do.

My husband is giving me grief now, because I was the one that insisted to have someone come in and install it. And now this.....

I called Genie, but they are closed on weekends. I tried their website and I get an error message. The retailer won't do anything either. It's just frustrating. Please someone help me.....

Comments (2)

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus