SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nippstress

Rose Products I wish they'd invent

Hi folks

We periodically post about the mythical all-summer blooming, disease resistant, fragrant "perfect" rose we wish they'd hybridize, but what about the perfect mythical rose product? I just finished pruning my roses after our zone 5 winter, and I wish they'd invent "Rose insta-glue" to seamlessly recover from stupid pruning mistakes. Oh, I'm OK with pruning too low on a perfectly good cane, at least most of the time, since in zone 5 we're used to little nubbins left after a usual winter. But the other day I was pruning a rose with only one visible live cane but a massive hunk of dead former cane material at the base. So I pull out the mega-loppers to find a good spot to take out that ugly mass. Yep, sure enough, I managed to lop off the half with the only growing material visible. Dang! At least this was "Drop Dead Red" so I wouldn't actually mind too much if it did drop dead (it's pretty "meh" in my yard). Still, it's the principle of the thing, and I'd have used the instaglue in a heartbeat if it was around.

There's another post circulating titled "Self planting roses" and for a moment I thought another of my dream rose products had been invented. With over 200 new roses to plant this year, most arriving this week, I'd seriously invest in a practical self-planting product.

How about you - what rose products do you wish existed in a dream world?

Cynthia

Comments (30)