SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cometstorm

Helpful hint:: Excell power washer owners and pump oil changing

cometstorm
16 years ago

The other day, I went to change my Excell XC2800 power washer pump oil for the first time. The manual says it takes 4.4 to 4.7 oz.

When I drained the factory pump oil, that appears to be the amount that drained out. However, when I put in the new pump oil...most of it back-filled in the funnel. What little that got into the resevour itself simply would NOT drain down!

Frustrated, I called Excell support. I finally got to a supervisor who said he had had many complaints on this...so he took a unit and tried changing the pump oil himself. He found the complaints to be valid. He said he found that the oil should be introduced about an ounce at a time, and then tilt the washer back to allow air to escape, and the oil to enter. Quite a cumbersome process.

Now...here's the big hint (from him): Taking the pump off is a no-brainer. It is held on by four easily accessible bolts (13mm, I think they are).

Once the pump is off, drain the oil out the oil drain port....and fill the new oil in the same port...measuring same to 4.4 to 4.7 oz, of course. Then, just re-attach the pump.

This takes all of about ten minutes or so.

This is a very good tip, and will insure you have the proper amount of pump oil introduced.

Now, if only they would have provided something as simple as a pump oil dip stick! ;)

Comments (2)