SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
yungman_gw

Help with my Honda trimmer.

15 years ago

I bought a new Honda HHT31SUNBA 31cc trimmer with bike handle. After 10 months, It developed a carb problem where it bog on high throtle and die after 10 minutes of running. The dealer change the carb and the fuel lines.

Since then, the trimmer won't idle when hot. It ran find during use, but when I let go of the throtle, it just slowly die. I kept adjusting the idle higher to the point when first start, the head start to spin. But after 10 minutes of running, the idle dropped low and if I don't rev it back up, it will eventually stop. When it die, It is very very hard to start it back up, I have to lock it at half throtle and keep pulling to start it back up. There is no obvious power drop if I kept running it, just don't idle after hot and hard to start again when it die. I have made the following attempt:

1) I clean the muffler and the screen.

2) new gas filter and air filter, both are very clean.

3) Loosen the gas cap and try starting, no difference.

4) Always use 91 octane gas less than a month old with Stabil. I put one oz of Sea Foam per gallon of gas too.

5) It only happened after they change the carb.

Since this is carb relate, I don't think it is ignition coil problem. The trimmer is very new, I doubt I have over 50 hours on it. I returned back to the dealer twices and they cannot fix it. I had big fight with the dealer and it is very far to keep driving back there. Anyone have any suggestion?

Only thing I can think of is the gasket conduct too much heat to the carb, but usually it affect the power, bogging down when running, not just affect the idle only. As I have said, if I keep the throtle, it ran smoothly and with lots of power.

Comments (12)