SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
runswithscissors_gw

I need a shrub...will you help me find one?

runswithscissors
12 years ago

Hi folks,

I've been scouring my tree and shrub books and pondering all the fall catalogs I've been getting, but I'm still not sure what would best serve my purpose.

The spot I need to fill sits in the middle of a perenial bed, between two very UGLY satallite dishes and sort of under my porch eves. (It gets full sun and plenty of water.) The height should be between 9 - 12 feet with only about 8 feet wide or be able to take some puning. Now here's the catch: my birdfeeders are on my porch (I love them there) so alot of seeds fall down into the bed. I need something thick that will shade out all those would-be seedlings....and since all those birds poop alot something varigated would make that fact a lot less noticeable. The best idea I've thought of is a dappled willow, but according to plant discriptions they don't grow very tall,(six feet would seem too short) and plus, I am a bit concerned about planting a "willow" in my flower bed.

A viburnium might fill the bill, but I'm not very familiar with the different kinds of those.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz