SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tny78

Compare: What You Get for the Money!

TNY78
12 years ago

Spring is almost here, and with that rose orders are arriving! I received three of my potted ownroot orders this week (and one bvareroot from Witherspoon). I thought it would be interesting to post what you get for your dollar at three different mail order nurseries :) Two of these I've purchased from before, and I was happy as always. The third, I was not impressed with at all, and will not be ordering from again. Here's a look at what I received. Please feel free to add to this post with your own order comments :)

~Tammy

First is my order from Angel Gardens. Pam is so helpful and has never steered me wrong. Pretty sure I'll be a long term customer of hers!

From left to right:

Mme Scipion Cochet- 3g $20

Mary Magdalene- 1qt $12 (yes, thats a bloom!)

Petite Pink Scotch - 1g $15

{{gwi:243260}}

My Hartwood order from Connie: I was expecting smaller plants because its so early in the spring, but nope....they are just huge and beautiful! This was my second time ordering from Hartwood, and I'll definitely be back!

Left to Right (all 1g for $15)

Mme Isaac Pereire

Natasha Monet

John Hopper

Reve d'Or (in the front)

{{gwi:243261}}

Third, and I don't know if its proper to name names on here so I won't, but this was my disappointing order. It was from a nursary I've seen reccomended on here more than once, so I was very surprised when I opened my boxes. I ordered 10 with high hopes, and of the 10, 5 in my opinion were too small and not rooted enough to ship. They are sold as gallons, but are much smaller even than any bands I've ever rec'd...

Left to Right (all 1g $10)

Maggie

Fellemburg

Bow Bells

SDLM Rouge

{{gwi:243262}}

Here's a couple of more pics of two of the five VERY small ones (guess I'll have to keep them in the greenhouse all season)

SDLM Rouge

{{gwi:243264}}

Bayse's Blueberry (yes, that little half dead twig in the middle)

{{gwi:243266}}

Comments (26)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!