SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gardenymph_gw

I think I'm going to cry

gardenymph
19 years ago

Too late, I'm crying. :-(

I have been cursed somehow. Last fall I had Husband pile up fall leaves and grass clippings from our yard onto a flower bed that I had cleaned up(mostly annuals) and left it to over winter in place. This spring I lightly tilled it in and raked it smooth. Since I'm redoing this bed from scratch I just sprinkled a cottage garden seed mix and lightly raked it into the soil. My hope was that this would give me some "filler" plants while I slowly fine tune the bed over time. Well I got a filler alright! I think it's crab grass or something equally as evil. I wasn't aware that all that stuff that was sprouting was grass!!!! I thought it was my mix!!!! I don't know where it came from or why it's growing so thick; almost as if I sprinkled the grass seed in the new bed. I haven't seen this anywhere else in my yard.

{{gwi:257078}}
Here's what it looks like

{{gwi:257080}}
Here's a closeup of the little s#$t!

{{gwi:257083}}
Here you can see where I've pulled it up and where I haven't

{{gwi:257085}}
Because there are some actual flowers growing in here I have to pull each weed by hand which needless to say is taking me forever and making me question why I garden in the first place

{{gwi:257087}}
halfway done

Any ideas on how this happened?

*HONK*

*sniff*

Jennifer

Comments (21)