SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vacuumfreak

I think I'm going to have to return my new computer!

vacuumfreak
12 years ago

So, my 3 year old HP laptop died, and I got a Sony Vaio to replace it with.... I love Windows 7 compared to Vista, and it seems to be a better machine, but I am having a serious problem. I cannot post photos taken with my digital camera unless I reduce them to the size of a thumbnail to a forum that I frequent.... even photos that I have posted before on the same forum.... but I can post the same photos from friend's computers to the same forum. I can also post pictures that I've gotten from the internet, that are twice as big as my own pictures... they were taken in 3 and 5 megapixel formats, and neither of them work even though I've never had this problem before. I know that it's not a problem with the site because I can post from other computers.... I called Sony and they told me that it is a problem with the web site.... which is false because I can post from other computers! They just wanted to get me off the phone.... My TV is a Sony Bravia and my boom box is a Sony, I like their products, but I must be able to post photos on this site.... half my time online is spent on this site (it's a forum for vacuum cleaner collectors) and I might as well not even have a computer if I can't do this. Maybe there is some kind of setting I am missing... if anyone has a clue as to waht might be going on or something I can try to fix it, please let me know. Otherwise, this computer goes back and I will have to settle for a less reputable brand like Toshiba or Acer.

Thanks so much for an advice you can offer....

Comments (14)