SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
orie_gw

Heartbroken over a kitty...

orie
14 years ago

So we decided to adopt another cat. We have a very temperamental orange tabby (7 yr.). DD has wanted a kitten for a long time (and me, too). The vet had 5 sisters that are 4 wks. old. Brought one home on a trial basis but it's not working. Our cat is incredibly ticked off. We expected this to a degree but today he lunged at my MIL and bit her ankle, not bad but a bite nonetheless. He's ornery and can be a PIA but he's never even gotten close to biting anyone. He's just so miserable that you can see it in his face. He goes beserk when the kitten meows! Although we have until Friday, I have decided to return her tomorrow. The sooner, the better, as we have become very attached already and so has the kitten. I don't want to make it worse, plus, I want to return her, hopefully, while her sisters are still there. It would just finish me off if they were gone and she was alone in that cage. I am so upset that it hasn't worked out for us. Deep down, I kinda knew it wouldn't but was so hoping she had a chance with our family. Such a tiny beauty and so loving... I think I'm going to go cry now just thinking I have to drop her off tomorrow. Pray that at least her sisters are still there for comfort...

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations